Friday, February 26, 2010

4 year old girls?


I actually had to google 'what do 4 year old girls play with' to help me decide what to make for our cousin's daughter's birthday party this weekend (I will quite readily admit to not being in tune with what 4 year olds are up to these days)

And I decided to buy her a notebook and some new crayons - and make her a clutch to carry her crayons around in.

I used the instructions provided by on the skiptomylou blog - which I found to be really clear (thankfully!).

Here's hoping they are well received at the party on Sunday.
 
What did I learn from this project?
 
- Must spend more time using pins and less time unpicking
- Practice sewing on ric rac (yes, it is meant to be on all 4 edges)
- Next time modify the pattern if you buy 'jumbo crayons'..
- The darker the fabric, the better it will look after the crayons have been pulled in and out the first 50 times.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment