Sunday, September 25, 2011

photography

So, we're getting a new camera this week. Very exciting stuff. We've chosen the model we like, and are getting a couple of lenses along with it. In the preparation - I've also been trying to decide what program I want to use to store and edit my photo's. I've been using iphoto for the past few months and while I like the basic editing tools, I'm a bit nervous on the way that it stores my photo's. I can't actually go somewhere and see them like I used to be able to do on our old windows box.  So last week I downloaded a 30 day trial version of Adobe Photoshop lightroom. At first I thought it was a bit beyond my needs, but after reading Katie Evans's fantastic ebook , I feel like maybe it's not. She gives some great tips on editing, and after playing for an hour or so last night - I edited this photo..



I love the sparkly eyes! I think I'll keep tinkering over the next couple of weeks to work out what else Lightroom can do, but so far I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment